Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You are a woman to LOVE

says Jack...And Diane Keaton, with a perplexed face, asks herself "what does that mean?"

(whine) I wanna go walking on the beach with my sweetie and pick up rocks - white, black or otherwise. Let's go! Hmmm....spontaneity - what a wonderful word. Just BEING together with the one you love. There is nothing quite like it. Especially if that person really "gets" you. Mike and I have had to learn to re-think spontaneity - its called spontaneity with forethought added in :-). Outings take more planning to accommodate my physical challenges. Keeping a sense of humor is very helpful but in all honesty we have both had times of mourning what is lost and what our new reality has become.

Those of you who know my husband Mike know that I am blessed. He is the dearest of men. We are best friends on this journey called life. Sadly, when you have RA, or any autoimmune disease, it doesn't just affect you. It affects your spouse too. Mike has had to take days off work to drive me to the doctor; he helps with housework chores that I can no longer manage (i.e. scrubbing the tub); he does the majority of the grocery shopping and has cooked many meals. He has managed to sleep beside me on my worst pain filled nights - loving me and praying for me. Maybe it is harder on the caregiver, when a flare is occurring, than the recipient of that care. I don't know the answer to that but sometimes I fear it is true.  But Mike has set his mind to accept the things we cannot change and to let God 'grow him up' through life experiences. He faithfully reads his Bible and encourages me daily and He still feels "I am a woman to love". What does that mean to me? That His love for me is a reflection of his love for God. It means that he has loved me through all the changes and we are still Valentines. For always and forever.

In this blog I just need to express my gratefulness for my husband. For this wonderful gift God gave me in His provision for my life mate. Thank you Lord!  My husband has such a courageous heart for You, Lord! I am truly blessed! ...Honey, I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Susan Said: Please pass the tissue...tears are running down my face. So tenderly written; I loved it. You both are so blessed to have one another. I feel blessed to see what a "true" marriage is. Love you both!

    p.s. I just watched that movie; I truly enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Christ love the church only when she is lovely, able, becoming...? We know the answer. Is a husband to love his wife as Christ loves the church? We know the answer. Is it always the case? Not always. But what a marvelous and splendid blessing to hear of a man, a husband, who DOES love his bride as Christ loves His! I'm singing hallelujah and want to say "Good on 'ya Mike!" - you and Janette faithfully model what Christian marriage is to show the world. And that is a glimpse of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok.....WHERE are my tissues? and my makeup looked sooo great this morning.... oh, i guess this isn't about me.....love to such a wonderful brother-in-law Mikey...aka Mark

    Marsh....aka Mark (don't ask, its complicated)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the tears too. Such a beautiful love story.

    ReplyDelete