Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sister Weekend Anticipation

My three lovely sisters
As many of you know, I have three sisters and the four of us girls have made it a point to get together once a year for "sister weekend". This year we are having our weekend up at my home in Idyllwild because the sisters decided it would be best for me to do the least amount of traveling. Thanks girls, I really do appreciate that AND the scenery in this mountain community is awesome making Idyllwild a great getaway destination.

This has been a big year for all four sisters. Lots of challenges and opportunities to hopefully mature in The Lord. We plan to all bring meaningful verses that have encouraged us throughout this past year to share with one another. So one of the things I anticipate is some tearful but joyful expressions of thanksgiving as we share how God's hand has sustained and guided us.

Another thing I anticipate is...plenty of chocolate! All four of us girls take after our mother in appreciating the sheer pleasure of great chocolate. Sees candy for example! Mom had a code for us girls when she would be laid up in the hospital on strict diets, etc. She would say  to us "ACQ". This meant "Administer Chocolate Quickly"! She might say this right while a doctor was standing at her bedside talking to her! We were glad to take our top secret instructions and comply to her simple request as this was one pleasure she should never have to do without! So, carrying on the tradition we will ACQ aplenty during the weekend!

I anticipate plenty of great discussions, a few tears and plenty of laughter. I also anticipate some "arm dancing toe tapping and head bopping" as we listen to the Zydecats and other favorite tunes while we play dominoes or Euchre (a great card game midwesterners are familiar with). If someone were to videotape these game sessions it could seriously be used against us. So no cameras allowed! At least for that part of the weekend!

Lastly I anticipate we won't get a lot of sleep but we can make up for that later because "sister time" is precious and we plan on making the most of it! Mom would be so proud!

2 comments:

  1. Janette,
    I have always told MY sisters (Peggy and Pam) that I am jealous of your sister time! Marcia always comes back so hysterically refreshed and...well...giggly! It's great to have intentional time set aside for sisters. Have a blast, and know this sistuh is with you in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cannot wait. I have had many sisters comment that they would start the same tradition in their family. I hope so as time is precious and we can never take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete